Big Tex is a big hit everywhere he goes.
- Now that summer Animal Camp has begun, he’s the campers’ favorite dog.
- As Pet of the Week, Big Tex made friends at all 7 of the seven i-Heart San Diego radio stations.
- When Big Tex appeared on the America Trends show on Youtoo America TV, he rolled over onto his back during the interview so the host could rub his tummy.
Big Tex is a 5 year old, 95 pound, marshmallow who wants to sit on your lap and give kisses (if it’s okay.) He has no idea that he’s a big dog. You’ll have to remind him that, even though he has a license, he can’t drive.
- Big Tex also has no idea that his left hind leg hurts because of a ruptured ligament that needs surgery.
- He doesn’t understand that he needs a tooth pulled to ease his pain when he eats his breakfast.
- He wasn’t responsible when a previous owner had him vaccinated with a rabies vaccine that is not accepted in California.
- And he doesn’t realize that those red spots on his belly need treatment…and the sooner the better.
Anyone who works or volunteers at an animal shelter will tell you that we try not to have favorites. But, then there are the dogs like Big Tex.
They’re so innocent. They’re so trusting. No matter what’s going on with them, whether they’re in pain, how many times owners made bad decisions that hurt them….they want to be closer. They want to sit on our laps. (Even if they weigh 95 pounds.)
Big Tex needs your help. He’s been the victim of one bad human decision after another.
His medical treatment is not going to be cheap….even with the discount his surgeon gives us.
Your donation to your Rancho Coastal Humane Society’s Medical Fund can help get Big Tex the treatment he needs. The treatment he should have already had. The treatment he deserves. The treatment that will change his life and the lives of his new family.
Please make a donation. Call 760-753-6413, log on to www.sdpets.org or visit Rancho Coastal Humane Society at 389 Requeza Street in Encinitas… where Every Animal Deserves a Tomorrow. ®