That’s one of the wishes we hear most often at your Rancho Coastal Humane Society. Someone whose living situation doesn’t allow them to be a full time pet parent.
- We hear it from small children whose parents are waiting for changes in their housing, upcoming moves, or a more stable job situation.
- We hear it from college students who are missing the pets who stayed with their parents when they left home.
- We hear it from young families who are struggling to make ends meet.
- We hear it from seniors who no longer have the ability to provide daily care.
- We hear, “I wish my husband / wife wasn’t allergic to fur.”
Sometimes we can grant wishes by matching a person or family with a pet they hadn’t ever considered adopting.
Some wishes are granted by simply getting people involved in our Volunteer program. They come to the shelter and “adopt” dozens of cats, dogs, and bunnies for a few hours per week. If you’ve been to RCHS lately you might have run into a group of Cal State – San Marcos students who are doing amazing work in the kennels, cattery, and rabbitat.
We think of the families whose leases don’t allow pets or they’re working so many hours it’s not practical for them to have pets. They send their kids to Animal Camp, our Kids Community Service program, or have a birthday party here at RCHS.
If you’ve been thinking, “I wish I could have a pet,” let us help figure out the best situation for you to get your “fur fix.”
Right now our wish is that you would take a minute to scan this month’s Wish List. You might already have something we need. Or you might see something on the list and want to make a tax deductible donation to buy it.
Thank you for supporting your Rancho Coastal Humane Society, where we believe Every Animal Deserves a Tomorrow. ®