Pet Loss Support Program
Losing a pet can often bring unbearable sadness and grief and we understand these feelings can be overwhelming. Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) has created the Pet Loss Support Program (PLSP) to help you through this difficult time. Our support groups provide a safe space to share feelings of loss and the variety of emotions that are experienced during times of grief. RCHS offers meetings twice a month with a weekday and weekend day option, facilitated by a team of grief counselors.
This support group may be appropriate for you if you:
- Have recently lost a pet.
- Have a pet suffering from a major illness.
- Are in the process of saying goodbye to your pet.
- Need someone to talk to or listen to others share their own stories about losing a pet.
- Want to learn how to explain your loss to young children.
Whether you would like to talk and share your feelings or you just need the support of others, PLSP is here to help guide you through this emotionally difficult time with references, resources and techniques specially designed to address pet loss.
No fee to attend, donations appreciated.
Registration Required. Please visit Events page for upcoming dates.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.