Registration is OPEN!
This special program helps improve a child’s reading proficiency, fosters compassion for animals, and sooths our shelter animals one story at a time. Children sit outside the kennel or cage front and read aloud, which provides a safe interaction for both. We find it helps our animals get used to children, while boosting the reader’s confidence.
Ages: 6 + years
Cost: $10.00 per child
Time: 11:30 AM–12:30 PM
- Saturday, October 21
- Saturday, November 18
- Saturday, December 16
- Saturday, January 20
- Saturday, February 10
Please Read Important Information:
- Limit of 6 children per session.
- Children must be supervised by parent at all times.
- Closed-toed, rubber-soled shoes are required.
- Registration is required, children cannot participate unless they have pre-registered online
- Your child can bring his or her favorite book to read or they are welcome to borrow a book from our library. You can bring your own pillow, blanket or towel to sit on; otherwise, we will provide your child with a towel.
- We can accommodate small groups on other days we are open. Please contact the education department at email@example.com about scheduling a time for your group to read to our animals.
Cancellations: Please notify us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-753-6413 at least one week/seven days prior to your scheduled session if you need to cancel or reschedule. You can be moved to an upcoming open session. We are unable to accommodate changes requested seven days or less from the start of a scheduled session and no refund will be given.