Due to COVID-19, RCHS is closed to public and offering adoptions via appointment only until further notice. If you are interested in adopting, please click here for information on the appointment process.
Before visiting the shelter it’s a good idea to take a look at our Available Animals section. You’ll find what information we know about the animal, and its availability date. Next, visit the shelter and walk around our kennels, our cattery or our rabbitat. If there’s an animal that piques your interest, fill out an adoption survey and meet with one of our specially trained adoption counselors. You can always fill out an adoption survey in advance, and bring it with you when you visit the shelter. See adoption application links below. Shelter hours and directions. Please note, all adoption surveys must be submitted to the front desk by 4:00pm.
Special Fee Programs
Ask your adoption counselor about this special fee programs.
- Better with a Buddy – Adopt one cat, kitten, or dog and get the second one (within a year) for just $25. Does not apply to puppies.
- Two Purr One – Adopt two kittens together (within two weeks) and pay for just one.
- Senior-to-Senior – Any senior (60+) adopting a senior animal (7+) will have the adoption fee waived.
- Pets for Patriots – Fees waived for San Diego veterans. To qualify, please apply before visiting the shelter. CLICK HERE
|Puppies||$195 +$50 (training deposit)|
|Senior Pets (7+)||$75|
The adoption fee includes:
- Up to date on vaccinations
- Spay or Neuter
- Deworming medication
- Flea control medication
- Microchip and registration
These items purchased through a veterinarian would cost more than $250!