The Kids Community Service application process is currently suspended. It will resume on October 3.
The Kids Community Service(KCS) volunteer program teaches middle school and high school students about our humane society, the community, and the animals we consider family. Students earn community service hours by helping to maintain the shelter facilities by washing dishes, folding laundry, sorting donations, and socializing adoptable animals. Space is limited to six students for each weekly session. Students volunteer on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons from 4:00-5:00 once a week for four weeks.
Previous KCS Volunteers (except summer volunteers): You do not need to reapply please email the education department to register.
Summer Volunteers you will need to apply and create a Volunteer Impact Profile if you haven’t already.
- All youth must be in 6th grade or age 12 or older prior to registering.
- The fee for the program ($40 per session) is due at the time of registration.
- If the fee is a financial strain, we have scholarships, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
Students participating in our Kids Community Service (KCS) Program must complete the following steps:
- Read the Rules and Regulations of the KCS Program (click button at top of the page)
- The person volunteering needs to create the profile and fill out the application. Parents please do not fill out the application for your child.
- Create a profile for the KCS Program. Click Here to create a Volunteer Impact Profile.
- Click on the “Fill in an application” button
- Be sure to write down your username and password as you will need to log in to your profile to access your hours and complete the online orientation.
- After completing the application, orientation and scoring 100% on the quiz email the Education Director at email@example.com, please state in the email you have completed the KCS application and are ready to register for volunteering.
- Once the email is received a link to register for a KCS program will be sent to you.
- You may register for up to 2 different sessions. DO NOT sign up for more than 2 sessions!
- Registration is first come first serve and is limited to 6 students per session.
Scholarship Information: Scholarships are available for students in financial need who would not otherwise be able to participate in KCS. Please email our Education Department to apply for a scholarship. firstname.lastname@example.org
KCS Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 (2023-2024)
KCS Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 (2023-2024)
Session 2- FULL
Session 8- FULL