Kids Community Service
We are no longer accepting KCS Applications at this time. We may add more sessions in January please check back for updates.
Students, grades 6 through 12, can share their passion for animals by participating in the Kids Community Service (KCS) program during the school year. The month-long programs meet on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 4:00-5:00 pm (see schedule below). We DO NOT offer any other days for students to volunteer.
The KCS volunteer program teaches middle school and high school students about the shelter, the community, and the animals around us. Students earn community service hours by helping to maintain the shelter facilities and socializing adoptable animals. Space is limited to nine students per each four-week session and applications are accepted throughout the school year. Middle school students must be in 6th grade to participate. KCS is the only volunteer opportunity at Rancho Coastal for children under the age of 18 and is only offered during the school year. KCS is not offered during the summer or any school breaks.
Registration for Rancho Coastal Humane Society’s Kids Community Service Program (KCS) will be done online only.
- All youth must be in 6th grade or age 12 or older prior to registering.
- The fee for the program ($40 per session) is due at the time of registration.
- If the fee is a financial strain, please ask about scholarship opportunities.
Students participating in our Kids Community Service (KCS) Program must complete the following steps:
- Read the Rules and Regulations of the KCS Program (click button at top of the page)
- Create a profile for the KCS Program. Click Here to create a Volunteer Impact Profile.
- Click on the “Fill in an application” button
- Be sure to write down your username and password as you will need to log in to your profile to access your hours and complete the online orientation.
- Complete the online application, orientation and quiz.
- After completing the Orientation and scoring 100% on the quiz please email the completed consent form to email@example.com. Students without a completed Consent Form cannot participate in our KCS Program.
- If you want to participate in a particular session, please specify which session when you email your consent form otherwise you will be sent a link to the next available spot.
- When the consent form has been received and your application, orientation and quiz have been completed, you will be sent a link to register for a KCS session.
- You can only register for one session at this time. Once you complete your first session you can sign up for additional sessions if space permits.
- Registration is first come first serve and is limited to 6 students per session. If your session fills, please contact our education dept. to request a different session.
Scholarship Information: Scholarships are available for students in financial need who would not otherwise be able to participate in KCS. Please email our Education Department to apply for a scholarship. firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL-KCS Tuesdays 4:00-5:00 (2022-2023)
FULL- KCS Wednesdays 4:00-5:00 (2022-2023)