Simply put, foster volunteers save lives.
The shelter’s space is limited so the more foster volunteers we have, the more animals we can all help rescue and get into loving fur-ever homes!
We will provide you with everything you need from blankets and food, to anything medically related- we’ve got you covered at NO COST TO YOU.
We just need your help to provide to the TLC!
How it works:
1. Fill out the Foster Application (located at the Front Desk and online).
2. The Foster Coordinator will contact you to have an orientation, and learn more about the types of animals you are comfortable fostering.
3. We will contact you if we have an animal in need of a temporary home. If you have dogs at home, and want to foster a dog, we will need to make sure they get along first.
4. If you say yes, and it seems like a good fit, we will have you come in to pick up the animal, and all the supplies you need.
5. Once home, your main job is giving the animal love and affection, making sure they are being fed, and bringing them in for medical visits and/or meet-and-greets with potential adopters! We will also be holding Offsite Adoption Events, which will help bring exposure to these animals that are offsite.
We are very flexible when it comes to working with your schedule.
If you have a vacation planned, but it is not for another 3-4 weeks, we can still use your help!
If you need a break in between fostering, no problem! You can just contact us when you are ready to take another animal.
If you are able to provide love and care to animals in need of nurturing short-term homes or would like more info to see if this is the right volunteer program for you, contact Jessica Stergos at [email protected]
Click below to print and fill out a foster volunteer application!