Things To Look Forward To
Another great thing about your Rancho Coastal Humane Society is that the animals keep our focus on the future.
Even though we’re temporarily closed to the public due to COVID-19, the feeling at the shelter is very positive. We heard one of our staff members singing that song, “The Future’s So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65YIlwxBuvM
We’re looking forward to the future.
- April is National Pet Month.
- The 4th is International Pillow Fight Day. Something fun to do while you’re staying at home. People only. Leave your pets out of this!
- Shutter bugs get ready! April 11th is National Pet Day and RCHS will be launching a spring photo contest. More details to come.
- The 16th is National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day. Many of us have already been doing that these last few weeks.
- Humane Educator Lizzie Hart is already planning ahead for Summer Camp that is scheduled currently to start on June 22nd, but might get an earlier launch.
- April 22nd is Earth Day. RCHS was already helping families to adopt “recycled pets” long before the first Earth Day.
- The 30th is Adopt a Shelter Pet Day.
Another thing to really looking forward to is our Kitten Baby Shower. Here’s a sneak peek at the announcement.
- We’re having a baby! Actually, Rancho Coastal Humane Society will be having several hundred babies in the coming months. In preparation we’ll be holding a virtual “Kitten Baby Shower.”
Finally, this year, RCHS will mark 60 years of service to the community. We plan to be here until there are no more homeless companion animals.
Even though we’re currently closed, there are blessings every day. The dog who learns to trust humans. The cat who has been hiding under its bed, but finally comes out to meet its new foster family. The rabbit who hops over to say hello when it’s feeding time.
There’s so much to look forward to. Our future is so bright, we gotta wear shades.
For more information or to drop off your donations visit Rancho Coastal Humane Society at 389 Requeza Street in Encinitas, call 760-753-6413, log on to www.sdpets.org.