Count the Paws and Divide by Four
More than 550 (human) walkers and their dogs joined your Rancho Coastal Humane Society and the San Diego Botanic Garden for the 8th Annual “5K Paw Walk in the Garden” on Saturday, February 15th.
What makes this event so successful?
- It’s the only time you can walk your dog in the San Diego Botanic Garden.
- Saturday morning seems to be the most popular day and time for people to take their dogs for walks.
- It raises money for two great organizations.
- The money raised stays right here in our community funding programs for people, plants, and pets.
- The Board of Supervisors proclaimed February 15, 2020 “5K Paw Walk in the Garden Day” throughout the County.
Kelly Peters, RCHS Director of Donor and Community Relations, says, “It’s a real treat to be able to walk your dog in San Diego Botanic Garden. Most importantly, dogs love it!”
A crowd that size makes it hard to estimate the number of dogs taking part. One local TV reporter asked us how we come up with an accurate number. We told him, “Just count the paws, then divide by four.”
It’s not too late for you to participate. You can join the virtual 5K Paw Walk in the Garden online at www.sdpets.org.