Fetch – January 2019 – Medical / Foster
Kittens comin’ out our ears!
A few years ago an enthusiastic young Mom ran into the lobby of your Rancho Coastal Humane Society during the first week of December and asked, “Do you guys have any kittens? We want to adopt a kitten for our kids for Christmas!”
The adoption counselor told the eager lady that kitten season was over and we probably wouldn’t have any more kittens for a few months.
That is not the case anymore.
We proved that on Christmas morning when Santa Paws and his helper started the day delivering Christmas kittens to children on Santa’s “Nice list.”
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE!
Why do we have Christmas kittens now? There are a few reasons.
- Kitten season is starting sooner and lasting longer than it did a few years ago.
- Our Medical team continues to reach out to other shelters and rescues through our FOCAS (Friends of County Animal Shelters) program. Kittens who might not have had much of a chance a few years ago are now coming to RCHS.
- Our volunteer foster care program has grown by leaps and bounds. Mommy cats and kittens who need round the clock care are going into private in-home care with our trained foster care providers.
It’s a team effort. As you can see on the faces of the families in the TV news story, it’s working. We creating memories that will last a lifetime. Memories that might change the future. Memories that will change the world.
If this isn’t a good time for you to adopt, there are lots of other ways you can help.
- Share this story. Show your friends, families, and business associates the great work we’re doing at RCHS.
- Learn how you can become a foster care volunteer. It can be short term, long term, with kittens or puppies or bunnies. Tell us what works for you!
- Make a donation to help pay for medical treatment and the other expenses that occur before we send each pet to its new home. Its forever home.
Thank you for supporting your Rancho Coastal Humane Society, where Every animal deserves a tomorrow. ®