We’re Here for You Beginning to End and Beyond – Pet Loss Support Program
While your Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) has actually been providing support for people who are grieving the loss of a pet for nearly 60 years, we’ve finally made it official.
Pet Loss Support Group meetings are now being held in RCHS’s Humane Education Center at 389 Requeza Street in Encinitas.
While most of us understand, others don’t always get that losing a pet can often bring unbearable sadness and grief. The feelings can be overwhelming.
RCHS created the Pet Loss Support Program to help you through this difficult time. Our support groups provide a safe space to share feelings about your loss and emotions.
This support group may be appropriate for you if you:
- Have recently lost a pet.
- Have a pet suffering from a major illness.
- Are in the process of saying goodbye to your pet.
- Need someone to talk to or want to listen to others share their own stories about losing a pet.
- Want to learn how to explain your loss to young children.
There’s no fee to attend, but donations are appreciated. Registration is required.
The group will meet on Saturday, November 9th at 9 AM and Wednesday, November 13th at 6 PM. For more information visit Rancho Coastal Humane Society at 389 Requeza Street in Encinitas, call 760-753-6413, log on to www.sdpets.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.