Animal Care Attendant – Part Time
Position: Animal Care Attendant
Salary: $13.00 /hour
About Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS): RCHS is a charitable non-profit organization whose mission is to provide adoption services for homeless companion animals, humane education programs for children, and food, shelter and comfort for pets of owners in crisis. RCHS also operates a Thrift Shop that supports the shelter and focuses community awareness on the importance of human-animal bonding.
Animal Care Attendant : Rancho Coastal Humane Society (RCHS) is seeking upbeat individuals who are committed to making a positive difference in animal welfare. Animal Care Attendants work both independently and as a team with a variety of animals and with the public. Ideal candidates show a genuine love of helping both humans and animals, have strong decision making skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and enjoy working in a fast-paced outdoor setting.
Six-months’ experience working professionally with domestic animals is preferred, but RCHS would be willing to train the right candidate.
* Must be able to lift, move, restrain, guide or manage an animal up to 100+ lbs.
* Prolonged standing, walking and/or stooping may occur
* Frequent lifting and moving of inanimate objects weighing 50+ lbs.
* Pushing and pulling of carted items weighing 100+ lbs.
* Frequent use of hands and arms at or above shoulder level
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Clean animal enclosures, feed as directed, safe animal handling practices, provide care to all shelter animals
* Greet, interact, and provide exceptional customer service to the general public in a friendly, professional, and respectful manner
* Communicate effectively with supervisors, staff, and shelter volunteers
* Follow directions and established standards of operation
Must be a high school graduate (some college and animal handling experience preferred) with customer service experience, communication and computer skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast- paced environment, have no known allergies to animals or chemicals; work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as required, able to work 8 hour shifts starting as early as 7:30.a.m. and ending as late as 6:00 p.m. or later on occasion.
Valid California Driver’s License required.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 8 hour shift
TO APPLY: Write a brief paragraph cover letter telling us why you feel you are the best candidate for this position. Send this along with your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Animal Care Attendant Job” in the subject line. No phone calls or walk-in applicants please. Resumes with no cover letter will not be taken into consideration.
Rancho Coastal Humane Society does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, protected veteran’s status, on the basis of age against persons who are forty years of age or over, or on the basis of any other legally impermissible reason.